The role will be based in Ottawa and will have a direct line of command back into the UK, reporting to Commerce Decisions International Operations and Resource Manager
Commerce Decisions Ltd is seeking to recruit a Senior Procurement Consultant with a technical background in software-led consultancy, preferably within Complex Procurement environments, and who is intelligent, highly articulate, and most importantly motivated to develop our capabilities and our business to support growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and supporting new and existing business, reporting to the International Operations and Resource Manager (UK Based) and working closely with the wider Commerce Decisions Services delivery and sales teams. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the next stage of growth for Commerce Decisions Ltd; we are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is comfortable with the opportunities and challenges of complex procurement and looking for the next step within their career.
The Senior Procurement Consultant will play a role in the Global Services team, as well as engage with the Delivery, Product, Business Development and Communications teams within Commerce Decisions.
- Attend customer sites to undertake AWARD configuration and provide training
- Work as the Lead Consultant, where required, and manage engagements with clients ensuring we delivery effective and timely support, as well as value for money to our clients – while controlling and escalating risks appropriately.
- Work closely with Sales Team, at all levels, to position, develop and win new business – both organically within existing projects, and as required in developing propositions for new clients and markets.
- Play an active role in the process of quality management and peer review, operating within our policies and guidance
- Develop and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the AWARD® software
- Work with the consulting team to develop and maintain an understanding of how best to deploy and use AWARD® to meet the needs of new clients
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of procurement law and best practice around the sourcing and selection of suppliers, and planning and execution of supplier evaluations
- Work with our consulting, product support and wider sales teams to ensure we are providing a coherent, proactive and professional service to clients
- Attend client sites (including occasional international travel) to undertake AWARD configuration, provide training and support clients in the use of AWARD during their procurements and provide advice on how clients should be undertaking the sourcing and evaluation of potential suppliers
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients and lead consultancy engagements ensuring
- We deliver effective and timely support to our clients
- We deliver value for money to our clients
- We control risk and escalate risks where appropriate Share industry knowledge and experience with other members of the services team;
- Ensure our peer review and other policies are adhered to always.
- Ability to gain Top Secret Security Clearance
- NCR Based or within commuting distance of Ottawa
- At least 2 Years (within the last 10 Years) performing Bid Evaluation processes on Military complex procurement projects (e.g. Weapons Platforms valued at $1BN+)
- University Education (PhD, Graduate, Undergraduate, Degree)
- Experience of supplier evaluation and the procurement industry
- Understanding of Government/Defence Procurement processes
- Experience Developing/Coordinating:
- Bid Evaluation Criteria and Weighting
- Bid Evaluation Plans
- Bid Evaluation Guides
- Conduct of the bid evaluation
- Experience of managing client relationships and leading consultancy engagements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to think logically
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work in an organised manner and be self-motivated
- Experience of using standard MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) and ideally some experience of using macros or VBA to solve problems.
- A strong desire to learn about new software applications
- A driving licence, and ideally have the use of a private car that can be used for work-related travel
- Ability to travel within Canada and Internationally
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org