Commerce Decisions Pty Ltd is based in Canberra with a regional office in Melbourne, with its current Defence client base in the ACT, Victoria and Queensland. As this is expected to grow significantly in the near term to include other locations in Australia and beyond - interstate and occasional international travel will be required as part of the role.
Commerce Decisions Pty Ltd provides its specialist hosted evaluation system – AWARD – to clients involved in complex procurement programs. Our solutions and services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the criteria and design of the evaluation measures, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries internationally, including Transport, Defence, Infrastructure, IT, Health and Education.
Commerce Decisions Pty Ltd is seeking to recruit a Sales Associate to assist in the expansion of our Australian and New Zealand client base in the Defence Sector. Reporting to our Defence Sales Lead and working closely with the Global Sales Director and wider sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Defence Sales Lead in finding and closing new business opportunities, and supporting and expanding our business with existing Defence clients. They will also support the wider sales team with their work in other sectors as required.
Typical responsibilities associated with the role are:
- Work with the Defence Sales Lead to manage and support business development activities to new prospects and existing client accounts. This involves the proactive identification of new leads as well as responding to in-bound enquiries
- Broaden the reach of the business, through promoting Commerce Decisions solutions through customer-focused presentations of technology and services
- Work with the Commerce Decisions’ Global Sales Director and APAC Sales Lead to ensure effective pre to post-sales activity
- Responsible for the management/supervision of existing Defence accounts and related marketing activities
- Work effectively as part of the Commerce Decisions’ team, to maximise the effort to drive and build the client base as well as support other related activities within the company.
Key abilities for the role
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the AWARD evaluation system, and work with the consulting team to develop and maintain an understanding of how best to deploy and use AWARD to meet the needs of new clients
- Assist with the management of the opportunity lifecycle from cold call to close, and attend client sites to assist with the delivery of presentations and demonstrations
- Work with our wider Sales teams to ensure we are providing a coherent, proactive and professional service to clients
- Assist with the preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals and Invitations to Tender, through research and contact with the Sales and Consulting teams, collate information and preparation of drafts
- Maintain our Sales Knowledge Base, through sharing information and experience of Defence related accounts, and maintain the information in our sales CRM system (Salesforce)
- Assist with promoting Commerce Decisions, through attending conferences and exhibitions, and other activities where necessary.
Key characteristics required
- At least two years’ experience working in a Sales role, and be able to demonstrate success in supporting new sales or business development
- An understanding of the Defence sector in Australia
- The ability to be self-motivated and flexible in their approach, show initiative, able to learn, and ready to share ideas and knowledge with the rest of the Commerce Decisions team
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communication skills, have a professional, presentable appearance
- Ability to work with limited supervision, work calmly under pressure, know when to ask questions and have excellent time and diary management skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of Government/Defence/Complex Procurement processes
- Experience in software or technology sector
For further information about Commerce Decisions view our website at www.commercedecisions.com. For further information about the role, lease contact the APAC Managing Consultant, John Crickmore (email email@example.com).
Please provide us with a covering letter (1-2 pages) about why you think you are suitable for the role in order for your application to be considered further. We’ll also need a copy of your current CV. Email your application to our APAC Managing Consultant John Crickmore (firstname.lastname@example.org).