Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Commerce Decisions provides the specialist procurement software - AWARD® - to clients involved in strategic procurement programmes. Our solutions and services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. Commerce Decisions is an acknowledged leader in the application of best practice evaluation and procurement techniques for government and private sector clients involved in strategic procurement, as well as in the deployment of the AWARD software. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries including transport, defence, infrastructure, telecoms, health and education. The company offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including access to the full range of benefits provided by our parent company, QinetiQ Ltd. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Commerce Decisions is seeking a motivated and customer-focused IT Systems Administrator to join its growing team, based in first-class accommodation at Milton Park in Oxfordshire. Working closely with our Development and IT Operations teams, the successful candidate will be passionate about providing first-class support to our clients and internal stakeholders, as well as driving improvements to our current internal IT infrastructure, including internal and external facing hosted infrastructures across multiple geographies. This role is critical to the future of the company and will play a big part in moving the business from “getting by and making do” in terms of IT and hosted infrastructure, to “planning and proactively improving” our tools and offerings.
• Responsibility for our Hosted Service & Application Infrastructure – supporting our client and internal facing hosted infrastructures across multiple geographies
• Maintenance and improvement of our current internal IT infrastructure and environments – taking the lead in future development of our internal “tools of the trade” (Office365 suite, video-conferencing, telephony, mobile technology, SharePoint – as a few examples)
• Working alongside the Development and Support teams to become an expert in the use and support of the AWARD and ADVANCE products – working towards becoming the ultimate point of technical escalation
• Involvement in the roll-out of improvements to our Helpdesk offering to ensure a well-aligned, global offering, including the implementation of new technologies
• Ownership of certain elements of our externally recognised standards – we are currently certificated to ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials + standards.
• A passion for supporting others to maximise their own effectiveness and ability to improve their own processes and organisation success
• A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated Consultancy and Services offerings
• Close collaboration across our business in order to maintain strong links and a joined-up approach between our Sales, Development and Services operations
• Technically proficient, with the ability to:
• Commission, interpret and resolve the outputs from regular system scans and in-depth penetration testing
• Develop reports and scripts within our product and hosted infrastructure, including Advanced Excel, SQL, Apache, Windows Server, scripting, remote monitoring tools
• Experience of using of Agile Scrum methodologies, including ticketing systems
• Experience of hosted services, remote operation and on-premise installation
• Flexibility of approach and working patterns in terms of patching, upgrades, maintenance, installs, client support and disaster recovery across the globe
• Knowledge of strategic procurement markets is desirable
• Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
• Ability to travel, for example to customer sites to perform installs.
The company offers an excellent benefits package, including a competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days’ leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan. Employees also have access to the full range of benefits provided by our parent company, QinetiQ Ltd. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com